The script allows the easy install of a current TeXLive version over the net. It is tested with the current Linux versions of OpenSUSE and Ubuntu. The script:
– looks for a fast server
– downloads the install script
– deletes an existing TeXLive version from Ubuntu (deb) or openSUSE (rpm)
– extracts and runs the install script
– installs a complete up-to-date TeXLive from tug.org
– installs the non free fonts from tug.org which are not part of TeXLive, like arial, Luxi mono, etc.
– installs the GUIs TeXmaker and TeXworks
– creates files zzz-texlive.sh/csh for /etc/profile.d/
If no directory is specified, TeXLive will be installed in the home directory ~/texlive. For another directory, run the script with the directory name; e.g.:
for some actions the script needs to be root. In such cases it asks for the root password.
The authors are Rolf Niepraschk and Herbert Voß. The package is Copyright © 2012 Rolf Niepraschk, Herbert Voß.
License: lppl Version: 0.04 Catalogued: 2012-11-17